School Site Council
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL?
The School Site Council is a committee of parents and school staff who monitor school improvement through the instructional program. The monitoring consists of the annual review of test data, developing a Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), budgeting funding from the State to carry out the Plan, and the evaluation of the SPSA implementation and its effect on student achievement.
The School Site Council is required, under state law, to serve as the school community representative body for determining the focus of the school’s academic instructional program and all related categorical resources.
SITE COUNCIL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing and evaluating the academic achievement of all students in the school
- Obtaining recommendations from school site advisory, standing, and special committees regarding the focus of the school’s Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Developing and approving the school plan and all related proposed expenditures in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Recommending the school plan including related budget expenditures to the local governing board
- Providing ongoing monitoring of the implementation of the plan and budgets/expenditures
- Revising the school plan, including expenditures, timelines and evaluation criteria, as needed
- Participating in all local, state, and federal reviews of the school’s program for compliance and quality
- Annually evaluating the effectiveness of the school’s progress toward meeting school goals to raise student achievement for all students
- Encouraging broad representation of parents, community members, teachers, including all socioeconomic, ethnic, and programmatic groups represented in the school in leadership roles and in activities of the school site council
- Carrying out all other duties assigned to the council by the district governing board and by state or federal law.
For more information, questions or concerns about the School Site Council, please contact our school office.